Gili Trawangan Indonesia is a small island this one has always been a favorite destination for tourists when visiting Lombok. Its beauty is popular to foreign countries and can compete with the beauty of Bali. Vacationing to this island can be the best vacation plan that you will get.
There are so many charms of this island which are not only beaches and underwater views. The calm atmosphere here is perfect for spending a relaxing holiday in Lombok. If you want to visit Gili Trawangan Indonesia, here is a guide that you should consider:
Fun Activities on Gili Trawangan
Gili Trawangan Beach is the main destination of this island. You will see the expanse of the blue sea as far as the eye can see. Also, you can find a wide stretch of white sand. However, apart from relaxing on the beach, there are lots of fun activities you can do here:
- Kayaking: by using a kayak you can explore the beach and see the underwater beauty at the same time.
- Diving: by diving deeper, you can see underwater scenery more clearly and up close. If you can’t and have never dived, there are many diving equipment rental places that can provide training.
- Snorkeling: the world recognizes the beauty of the Gili Trawangan snorkeling spot. You can snorkel and see beautiful marine life such as turtles and small fish.
- Riding the glass bottom boat: you can rent a Glass Bottom Boat on Gili Trawangan. From the boat, you will go around 2-3 hours to see the underwater scenery without getting wet.
- Cycling around the island: with a bicycle, you can also explore the small streets of Gili Trawangan freely.
- Visiting turtle conservation: you can see turtles in the conservation before being released back into the sea.
Location, Route, And Transportation to Gili Trawangan Indonesia
Gili Trawangan is located at Gili Indah, Pemenang, West Nusa Tenggara. This island is 3 Kilometers apart from the main island of Lombok or about 27 kilometers from Mataram City. There are several choices of ways to get here but the best way is to use a ferry or Fast Boat.
The port that is often used as a crossing to this island from Lombok is the Bangsal port. At this port, you can choose from various ferry operators and fast boats to Gili Trawangan.
The travel time to this island from Lombok is about 15 to 20 minutes if you use a fast boat. Ticket prices for fast boats vary, starting from IDR 195,000. As for the general ferry, it takes about 30 to 45 minutes from Bangsal port. Although it takes a long time, the ticket price is cheap, only IDR 15,000.
Operating Hours and Entrance Fee
In general, you can enjoy Gili Trawangan any day and at any time. Meanwhile, you need to adjust to the ship’s departure time, which is not available every hour. Then, to go to this island there is no entrance ticket. You only need to pay for transportation to Gili Trawangan.
Now you know a lot about Gili Trawangan Indonesia. To enjoy this island, you can do many exciting activities, from snorkeling, kayaking, to visiting turtle conservation. However, to be able to come here, always pay attention to the operating hours of transportation.